Wednesday 31 October 2012

Travel vs. Shopping

Goooooood Morning all you lovely peeps!
Today while sitting in "traffic" on my way to work something caught my attention that made me think of shopping for clothes. Then I stared down at what I was wearing and realized that I have not bought myself any new clothes in months. {no jokes}
I mean I received a clothing voucher for Foschini for my birthday {6 Oct} and I have still not used it, I'm not even sure where it is to be honest. {mental note: go look for it before it grows feet}
Then I look at all the Fashion blogs I am following, and every time I see it I get this urge to just go max out my credit card at the nearest fashion outlet.
As soon as that thought jumps into my head the "sane" part of my mind kicks in. It is then when I realise I would much rather put that R500 {50euro} that I will spend on a top or shoes and put it in a savings account towards my travel plans. Am I insane or just unique?

I am one of those people who walk into a clothing store, walk around with my arms full of clothes that I love then walk out with nothing. Because I think that every cent I am spending on clothes can be a big boost to my oh so slow growing savings account.

Plus clothes last a season - travel memories last a lifetime! 

P.S. - You guys remember the awesome friend of mine that has that amazing clothing line? Well they are having a 50% off sale till Friday, so be sure to go check it out!

(I want this jacket)

And with this in mind I bid you farewell! Till tomorrow Journeyers!
Peace out!

"The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act." - Barbara Sher
xxx

7 comments:

  1. When you look back at your life, you will not remember the cute short of summer 2012, but the time you rode the elevator up the Eiffel Tower! So with you on this one. Save! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the whole truth right there! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. No I don't blame you! I was in Europe two weeks ago and I am still riding high on the amazing experience we had. I have wanderlust big time and I can't wait to go back. That means saving and if it means less shopping that's fine with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! But I really think I need to go do some shopping! hehe
      xxx

      Delete
  3. It's hard to believe, but I am actually the same. Not completely though, since I still blow money on clothing, but then it makes me think that I could travel instead... Plus traveling in the US (or from the US) is pretty expensive. If you live in Europe, there are plenty of cheap traveling options available - that makes me miss my life there..((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! If you can afford to do both then I agree, go for it!
      I cannot and have to make some sacrifices! :)
      But all worth it!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm always facing the same dilemma as well and as years pass by I stick more and more to saving for travelling and creating lovely memories instead of just blowing all my cash away in beautiful clothes ... I wouldn't have thought so 10 years ago but now I hope this one change is for the better!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx