Wednesday 3 October 2012

{Food} Throbbing Strawberry...

So last night we finally met up with our "Travel Partners" for the first time since Paris! I cannot believe that amazing holiday was 2 months ago! Time flies!
Anyway we met them at Throbbing Strawberry in Douglasdale. I like the place! Only 2 things I do not like:
1. If we go after work or even at 6, we always sit in traffic! :(
2. This place is always packed which means no good seats. (this is bad for us, and good for the business)

It was so nice to catch up with them! They are still happy and healthy! :) Most important part! 
For dinner each of us ordered something different from the menu....

Cedric had rump steak with chips - 

Alan had Calamari and chips - 

Lelande had the Throbbing Burger (I must admit hers looked extremely good) -

And I had the Penne Roma pasta - 

After the dinner we were so stuffed, but I am one of those people that go to the Desert part of the Menu first. {you all know I have a major sweet tooth - and those of you who do not know this needs to read my blog more often, hehe}
And one of my favorite deserts are Chocolate Fondant - I had this for the first time in Mauritius. {thank you baby so it's your fault that I am so addicted to this}
You all can guess what they had on the menu that made me decide to have desert (even with a tummy so full). Yes they had Chocolate Fondant, and I must admit, it was one of the best ones that I've had since Mauritius = me a very happy lady! 


So yes, this is my little review of Throbbing Strawberry and I will really give it a 7/10
Please feel free to go visit the website - http://throbbingstrawberry.co.za

"I try to work with G-D as a partner." - Gary Player
xxx

P.S. - Saturday is my BIRTHDAY! And you guys better not forget it! :)

9 comments:

  1. So funny - my co-worker was just telling me how amazing this restaurant is! I need to try it out for myself asap :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us know if you need partners! :)
      Love the place!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Wait, whatsup with the name? Throbbing Strawberry. I'm making pretty awful connotations in my head right now.

    That steak and calamari looks to die for! My stomach is screaming now.

    Happy Birthday for Saturday. In case I forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get your mind out of the gutter! haha
      Or is my mind there now? I'm confused!
      Thanks for the birthday wishes!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Seriously girl my mouth is watering now! LOL!! YAY! So close to yuor bday darling!!!!
    XOXO Darby
    Obviously Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and now it's already passed! Time flies when you are having fun!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I've read about this restaurant in a magazine before but its so great to get a real person (other than a food critic's) point of view. the food does look really divine, especially the dessert, yum! Sounds like a fun night out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am no food critic, trust me! haha
      Glad you liked the post!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you!
    Like your blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx