Tuesday 10 July 2012

{Travel} St Brandon Islands Mauritius

Good morning all you crazy Journeyers,
I am going back in my Archive folder of photos now I swear, but only because I am busy backing up all my documents. So bare with me!
I asked Cedric if he would like to contribute to OUR blog but turns out he is not very fond of writing.
So here I am playing stand in for Cedric! hehe

Here goes, last year May (2011) Cedric received a phone call from a friend in Mauritius to find out if he will be joining them for a boys week! Obviously I told him he HAS to go as this is a once in a lifetime experience and opportunity.
They were gone for 10 days, and this is only the amount of days they spent on the ocean and islands. WITH NO CELLPHONE RECEPTION!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! You know what that meant, no hearing from my Cedric for almost 2 weeks! Must say that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but hey I survived it!
Anyway back to Cedric. After 36 Hours on a Catamaran they finally reached the islands.



Let me quickly fill you in about this breathtaking place - St Brandon Rocks are a group of about 16 small islands and islets on an extended reef in the Indian Ocean northeast of Mauritius. The reef measures 50km from north to south, and is 5km wide, cut by three passes. The islands have a small transient population, mostly fisherman. In 2000 there was only 63 on the census night. 

They spent their days fishing, fishing, surfing, fishing, eating the fish they caught and relaxing. 




Doesn't that sound heavenly? When I saw the pictures I could feel the big green jealous monster creeping up on me! I've never seen such a stunning place! The water is crystal clear, and when I say crystal I mean crystal!




He had the time of his life and I think if they phoned him again he wouldn't even think twice about going! They stayed on the Catamaran, but there is a little house on one of the islands where you can actually stay in. This place is really what you call pure untouched beauty and perfection! 




Hope you enjoyed your day dream trip to this magical place!
"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely." - Unknown 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx