Wednesday 12 February 2014

Reasons to visit....Mossel Bay

Happy Hump Hump Day Journeyers!
Yes I am so happy that we are halfway through the week that I mentioned hump twice!
Today I am welcoming a new "Series" that will be featured every second week. Just to spice things up a bit. There are so many places in the world that I am still dreaming of visiting or that I already have visited. Therefore I decided to share my 7 reason to visit certain places all over the world.

Today I will be sharing my 7 Reasons to visit a place that I keep very close to my heart. For one, it's because I grew up there and secondly, my father still lives there. And thirdly, it truly is a special place. From the friendliness of the people to the many different small things that make it unique.
I won't be concentrating only on Mossel Bay but surrounding areas too. Up until Wilderness.


#ojte_travel

This place speaks for itself. Being a bushlover myself, it's great to know that you can escape to the bush while almost still being able to smell the ocean. It's only 25min outside of Mossel Bay. :)

We went here for lunch the last time we were in Mossel Bay. Great views combined with great food is reason enough to go there. They are situated in Wilderness and Cedric and I are both in love with this place. One day when I am older I will go live there.

Source
If you are looking for a relaxing good time. Visit this place. It was suggested by my bestie Aimee. She says it's the place to go to to have a good time with family and friends. Like they say "Great food, Great company and an astounding venue."


Source
Are you one that loves the history of a place? Then this spot is for you! Here you can a lot about the history of Mossel Bay and South Africa. If there was a school trip, it was to the museum. So I've had my fair share. Now it's your turn...

Looking for some family fun. Or even just hacking into your inner child. From supertubes, to put put, to fine dining or spa treatments. Here you can do it all. And the beach isn't too bad either. If you keep your eyes open you might bump into Aimee and Sev on one of their evening beach walks. Just tell them I sent you...

This one I've also tried. This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. And I also discovered what became my favorite "local" wine for that holiday there. Thanks to a very good waitress that persuaded us to try it. Good food. Not the best view but it's a old train station that they converted into a restaurant. Rather clever...

This one was suggested by my dad and Joni, they stumbled upon this place by accident while out on one of their weekend drives. They were so impressed with the place that it's become one of their local "go to" places. Plust the wine isn't bad either. And it's only 50km from Mossel Bay situated in Herbertsdale.

Source

And there you have it. If you have been to Mossel Bay before. Please do share what your favourite place was to visit. And if you are planning a trip down to Mossel Bay. Please let me know if you will be visiting any of the above spots.

Have a happy hump day guys!
--------------------
Disclaimer: All of the content and images posted are my own unless otherwise specified / linked to the original source. Please feel free to share photographs and material from this site but please link back to the original image or post. As always all comments and opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. aaaah good old Mossel Bay, such a lovely place. I;m a big Wilderness fan and if I had money I would buy a place there tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I
    clicked submit my comment didn't appear.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say great blog!


    Here is my web page ... corporate catering Johannesburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's annoying! :(
      But thank you anyway for taking the time to re write another comment!
      And thank you for the sweet compliment!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. uh-hmmmmm! So inviting to go here. Love your new series!

    http://palamutishop.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx