Monday 11 November 2013

#JHBbloggermeetup = My first blogger event!!!

Happy Monday Journeyers!!!
WOW what an insanely hectic but magnificent weekend!
As all of you know I've been busy organising a Joburg Blogger Meet Up (#JHBbloggermeetup) Brunch for the last 2 months, if not longer. I found the perfect venue and invites was sent out...now I felt guilty because the ladies will be paying but I cannot give back. So I got to work and started finding sponsors for some goody bags. Now don't get me wrong. I was expecting goody bags the size of a shoe box if I'm lucky. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to get this huge amount of love and support from all the sponsors and the ladies ended up going home with goody bags worth approximately R4000 each!!! After all the hard work it definitely paid off.


We all met up at Vovo Telo Parkhurst for a brunch where Jonathon and his amazing team (who helped me carry boxes full of products and setting up the table) looked after us the whole morning! Thank you so much you guys! I was extremely impressed with the hands on service and friendly faces! I can only say good things about Vovo Telo! *give yourselves a pat on the back please*

Thank you for all the beautiful comments and feedback!!!
Image taken from Kandy Kane Love



We had stunning platters (Thank you Jonathon!) and a wide variety of breakfasts to choose from and I was blown away with how good all the food looked! Mine tasted heavenly perfect. I will be back for more! Trust me!
We had over 30 sponsors and we will be doing reviews on all the amazing products that they have sent us! I cannot say thank you enough to all of you! Without you this day would have not been a success! Bless your hearts! I won't thank each of you now as I might just kill myself if I forget one. So you guys will have to wait to see the reviews. hehe








I loved meeting each and every one of the bloggers that was there! And I hope that out of this I will build forever lasting friendships! I loved watching all the ladies getting along like a house of fire. That's what blogging is all about. Supporting each other and standing by each other! The ever so lovely Sue Levy motivated us and sent across a strong message and all of us have a whole new perspective on blogging. Remember, all of us blog and we need each other to stand tall and strong. Don't compete, rather build one another! We can only go up from here!


Sue doing what she does best - Inspire and Motivate!
Some of the reactions to the goody bags! Priceless!
Kandy Kane Love // Our Journey to Everywhere // Pretty Geeky // Cocktails & Memories // The Glam Green Girl
Beauty Queen 8 // Me // Radistractions // The Sun House // Glamorous Glitter
Minkys // Ms Van Vee // High Heels & Fairytales // T & Serendipity // Seams and Silhouettes
Face Value // Just Pursue It // Me // Love Mary Lu
Fashion Hysteria // Mels - Corner // Me // Princess of Jozi // I'll take it all // Just Pursue It 
Lipgloss Kisses // Pink Peonies // Me // Jane-Wonder
We had the team of Zoya SA and Vitamin Water there to entertain us. The super cool Brendan from Zoya SA told us a bit about their brand and got the bloggers all hyped up as the blogger that gave another one the best mani will win a amazing mani and pedi from Zoya SA. And lovely Kim from Vitamin Water made sure that all the bloggers stayed hydrated! Mara from Nonna surprised us with gorgeous home made chocolates! Thank you so much you guys!

Brendan with the lovely Lipgloss Kisses and Pink Peonies



Vitamin Water painting the table all different colours.
Vitamin Water all the way!
Jonathon and myself.
Let's get to the part you have all been waiting for. Just admit it, you have been flying through this part looking for photos of the goody bags...hehe! Don't worry, I would have done exactly the same! I will go through all the sponsors tomorrow! We were so lucky to have such amazing sponsors! Thank you again!


Before you open them!
And once unpacked...
I want to end of this post by saying thank you so very much for every single one of you bloggers! If it wasn't for you guys, we would have not had this meet up! Bloggers are the face of the future! *fingers crossed*
And to Vovo Telo, wow, your service was incredible. Thank you very much for being extremely patient. Keep in mind people. We were a group of 25 WOMAN!!! We can get loud and then we just don't listen to anyone! What can I say. That's just what we do! hehe
And then lastly to our sponsors again, thank you SO VERY much!!!


Here's to the beginning of a long lasting friendship! Bloggers UNITE!!!
Have a wonderful Monday you guys!

P.S. - One fellow blogger could unfortunately not make it Saturday so I will be hosting a few Giveaways on my blog during the week! So stay tuned!
--------------------
Disclaimer: All of the content and images posted are my own unless otherwise specified / linked to the original source. Please feel free to share photographs and material from this site but please link back to the original image or post. As always all comments and opinions are my own.

43 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Would definitely love to attend the next one ;) A fellow blog LOVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lots of fun!
      Thank you for dropping by!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Johlet - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You made the #JHBBloggerMeetUp totally memorable! All your hard work definitely paid off and the whole event was just amazing! From the food, to the goodie bags to all the little things in between, you really are SA's version of Oprah ;) When I got home on Saturday afternoon, I ripped open all the goodies and I just couldn't believe what I was seeing! The whole weekend, all I did was tell my boyfriend and family how fun the event was, it's all I spoke about! Thank you! Your pictures came out beautifully - wow! Except for the one where my eyes are closed *cries* hehe! I am so pleased to have met you, you are such a beautiful person! I hope to see you soon :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much for coming!!! I did it for you guys! And if you had fun then that means I did something right! Oh nooo. Tell me which one then I will change it!!! :) xxx

      Delete
    2. haha, it's the sixth one after the food pictures. My eyes aren't closed, but it looks like I'm about to fall asleep :( haha! By the way, seeing all the pictures of the food has made me so hungry! ;) xxx

      Delete
  3. Thanks again for organising such an awesome event! Really looking forward to the next one.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Thank you for coming!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Dit was regtig 'n ongelooflike lekker oggend en ek is nou so effens van 'n Kiehls convert na ek hul goodies probeer het! Dankie vir al jou moeite en great organising skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groot plesier!
      Believe it or not maar al my goed staan nog net so untouched in my kamer.
      So ek kan nie wag om alles stadig maar seker te begin uitpak sodat ek dit kan probeer! :)
      Nou wens ek net ek kry jou writing skills, dan is ek sorted vir my blog hehe!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Ah man - looking at the photos I get so excited all over again.

    Thank you again for this amazing day! The photos are gorgeous.
    I love the crazy faces- I must get that pic from you!

    I have to sort through all my goodies again (& stop squealing like a little girl) so that I can take photos.


    Cocktails & Memories
    http://cocktailsandorgies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! It was so fun getting to know you better!
      Haha I still have to unpack!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Thank you so SO SOOOO much for organising this incredible event, Johlet! And well done!

    Your photos are amazing (I'm feeling pretty hungry right now haha!).

    Can't wait to start testing out all the goodies we received... My flabber is gasted at how much we received at the event!

    Here's to a great #JHBbloggermeetup and many, many more! *ching* xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soo sooooo welcome!!! :)
      Oooh I also just want to use all the stuff at once! But that's impossible. :(
      *ching*
      xxx

      Delete
  7. This looks brilliant, well done on organising such an awesome event. Those goodie bags look absolutely amazing, lucky girls!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay the first blog post about it!! It really did look AMAZING Johlet, well done again!! I'm so glad I could add a little something to your spectacular goodie bags!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sponsoring us!
      Thanks to you guys that this was such a success!
      xxx

      Delete
  9. wow looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lady!
      It was great!
      When will I be seeing you in South Africa??? :)
      xxx

      Delete
  10. great experience ever, great service from Vovotelo (double thumbs up) and the ladies were just lovely, I enjoyed the chats and the love around. Thanx again Johlet (you work too hard)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word this looks fabulous! Please give me a heads up for the next one I am a JHB blogger (took a bit of a hiatus after my baba) but I'm getting back into it. Besides blogging I am also an aesthetic doctor so I can sponsor a prize or something for your goodie bags. It would be so nice to meet other bloggers - I think it keeps people going and motivated. Great initiative and so great of you to organize to help the blogging community along.

    http://thejadelotusbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anjana!
      I will let you know if I plan another one! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  12. Looks like you guys had a great time! Good job Johlet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad that I missed this, it looked wonderful! I love how the blogging scene in Joburg is advancing, I can't wait to see what will come in the future! Congratulations on putting together such a beautiful event!
    Please do let me know if you organise another one, I'd love to attend.
    www.theangelheadedhipster.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Johlet
    Thank you for organising such a wonderful event. It was really awesome to meet all the bloggers face to face. You did an incredible job organising and your pictures are superb. Thank you Johlet, this was a truly memorable experience, one that will not be forgotten easily.
    We had a lot of fun and the food, service and frielndly atmosphere at Vovo Telo was a fantastic venue to host such an event. Sue Levy has truly inspired us. Looking forward to the next event.
    Lotsa love
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looked amazing - congrats :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay obviously I keep missing out on these blogger things. What the heck, this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Come to South Africa!!!
      That will be like the foam on the beer!!!! See what I did there!?!? haha
      xxx

      Delete
  17. Now I am completely bugged that i couldn't attend, it looks like such a fabulous and fun event! Well done on your exceptional organizational skills and effort Johlet, looks like everything went perfectly. I am definitely not missing the next one! You all look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much Johlet for organising such a fabulous, fun and successful blogger meetup. I had a ton of fun and loved chatting to all the ladies. Thanks for organising the goodies for the goodie bag and all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are super duper welcome!
      I loved seeing you again! You guys are all so special to me!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  19. Looks like you ladies all had such a great time! Well done Johlet on such a super organised event, and I am sure in the not so distant future there will be another one and I can't wait to read about that one too ;) Keep up the great blog work!!! Much love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. it was great fun :) thanks for all your hard work and letting me be apart of it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done Johlet! i am proud of you and to call you my daughter! i know the second one will be an even bigger event! so you go bloggers go on blogging i sure enjoy reading everything and the photos is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx