Thursday 18 April 2013

{Fashion} My first Georgie.B Pop Up Shop

Welcome back to me!!!! Joking.. no seriously! I am very happy to be back!
Firstly I want to say welcome to the new improved "Our Journey to Everywhere" blog all thanks to the wonderful Megan Wait and my dear friend Mariaan Swanepoel.

Let's get back to what this post is all about. I had the amazing opportunity to host the first of MANY Georgie.B Pop up Shops in Johannesburg. As you have read before, my very talented friend Christine Barrett is the brains behind this beautiful brand.

It all started with Cedric and myself working very hard to get everything ready for the big day, from building clothing rails, to building wooden frames for the banners to cutting out logo's to put on every open available space. Saturday arrived and the ladies started arriving one by one. My excitement and nerves grew bigger by each second.
To keep it short, the event turned out to be a big success with lots of clothes being tried on and loads of laughs.
{Entrance}
{Some decor}
{Goodie Bags}
{The cupcakes by Sally}
{Some of the clothes on display}
{Clothes clothes clothes}
 {Trying on some clothes}
{Some browsing to the left and the handsome barman to the right}
{Amelia, who was nominated as best dressed and walked away with a pretty Leather clutch bag}
{All the lovely ladies that came out to show their support. And I finally met the lovely Megan Wait. // From left to right: Sally (who made the yummy cupcakes), Simone, Monica, Stacey, Megan, Myself, Alet, Amelia, Tracy and Ivanda. Lady behind the lens is Mariaan}

I want to thank Christine for putting her brand in my hands and trusting me enough to promote it as best I can. Then I also want to thank my great boyfriend for all his hard work and for playing barman with his wingman Chris, and my mother and sister for all your help before the event with the finishing touches, Sally for taking time out of her Saturday morning to bake like 50 mouthwatering cupcakes, and then my beautiful friend Mariaan Swanepoel for the designing of the invites and for taking these stunning photo's. Last but not least, I want to say thank you to each and every of the ladies that came to show their support. I could not have done it without any of you.

I had so much fun hosting this and cannot wait to host the next one...details to follow soon!
Hope to see you all and more there next time!
{You can read more about Georgie.B at HERE or follow them on twitter HERE follow their Facebook page HERE.

10 comments:

  1. Wow. That looks like so much fun. Their pieces look amazing.

    I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit post and giveaway! I'd love to know what you think! :)
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna,

      Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!
      Would be a dream come true if you can do a review on one of her items! *hint* ;)
      I love your latest post and I'm very sad that I cannot enter the comp!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. SOOO glad you're back in action. Missed you on the blogging front. This event looks like it went off with a bang! And those cupcakes...YUM!

    Count me in for the next one.

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne!
      Looking forward to seeing you at the next one!!! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Your blog looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charlie!
      Glad you like the new look!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! Looks like a great time .. lovely dresses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you had a pop-up shop for your friends clothes, it looks so much fun! The dresses seem really nice and the cupcakes look delicious!
    Also, the new lay-out of your blog is beautiful, good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene, we had so much fun!
      xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx