Thursday 23 October 2014

De Oude Meul Country Lodge

Hello Journeyers,

While on our trip to Oudtshoorn, my aunt booked us into a beautiful Country Lodge. It's called De Oude Meul Country Lodge and it is absolutely breathtaking. Our views were endless mountains surrounding us with gardens filled with roses.






There's a restaurant on the property which we ate at the one night, the food was really very good and they were jam packed.

I almost think the restaurant is open to the public so do yourself a favor and if you ever pass there stop and have a bite to eat. Everyone that had the Eland raved about how great it was, I'm sorry I'm not a big fan of game meat and I was more than happy with my stuffed chicken. Like my uncle told me "Johlet I'm happy to see you are moving out of your comfort zone with that chicken"






The rates are extremely reasonable and includes breakfast which is just as good. Prepare to eat till you roll that's all I can say.

They also do weddings and are fully booked most of the time with all the sports groups passing through. Plus in the 2 days that we spent there I think there was about 3 couples planning their weddings. I can see why they want to tie the knot there. With those lush green lawns, beautiful gardens and even some sheep I can't blame them.






The service is great and the staff is friendly, we had them running around! Sorry! But I will also be that friendly if I work with views like that.

As far as I know we have already booked ourselves in again for next years Meiringspoort. This time I can't wait to share it with Cedric who will be joining us!




Let me not forget about the variety of things there are to do in the area, from the ostrich farm to the Cango Caves, you will have more than enough to keep you entertained when for some reason you get tired of the view...

Disclaimer: All expenses were paid for by us for our trip to De Oude Meul Country Lodge. As always all comments and opinions are my own. All of the content and images posted are my own unless otherwise specified / linked to the original source. Please feel free to share photographs and material from this site but please link back to the original image or post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx