Friday 14 February 2014

Siyaya

Happy Friday Journeyers! Or like we call it in our office. F*&k you Friday! :)
Because frankly, that's just how I feel on a Friday. And who can blame me!
Today I will be sharing yet another place that I've mentioned on the blog before. I've never really went into much detail. Just what we did while there.
We first came accross Siyaya in 2011 if I remember correctly. And since then we have gone back at least once or twice a year.
The last time was last year on the weekend of Mothers Day. So it's about time we go back I think.


About
"In the heart of nature, within the Dinokeng Game reserve, something enchanting lies in wait. The privately owned Game-viewing farm “Pride of Africa” is home of the 4 most acclaimed self catering lodges in the Dinokeng which offer exceptional wildlife encounters.
Siyaya Lodge offers exciting ecotourism opportunities. The farm is situated in the spectacular malaria free Rust de Winter area only 50km from Pretoria. Now you can experience the bush in half an hour's drive from Pretoria or one hour from Johannesburg."


It really is only one hour from Johannesburg (without traffic). What I like about Siyaya, each Chalet is rather private and you don't really see or hear others. They have a nice conference centre and a pool. They can organise Game Drives but there aren't really that much animals to see. Don't go there if you want to see Big 5. There are a variety of antelope. Hey if I can see a Giraffe I'm happy. And there you see them a lot.



Main Bedroom

En Suite Bathroom

Outside Shower

Guest Bedroom

Spare Bathroom

Spare Bathroom
Things to do
You can go on Game Drives or even walks.






Things that made me happy
Someone comes to clean the boma and braai area every day. (And if you tip him nicely he will even get you nice wood from the bush)
Each Chalet has it's own boma.
There's an outside shower.
It's close to Johannesburg.

Things that made me sad
They only have single beds in both rooms.
The first time we went they had small hotel soaps and shampoos that added that extra special "Welcome" touch. Since then we haven't seen it again.
You can hear the cars from the road that goes through Dinokeng. Luckily it's not a very busy road. But it does get a bit annoying if you hear cars at night.






If you are looking for a weekend away to just put up your feet and sit back and relax, that is affordable and not too far then this is the place for you. Plus, what's better than starting a weekend sitting next to this...



They charge R350 per adult and R175 per child. They are rather popular so book in advance. When I tried to book beginning January they were fully booked till this weekend actually.

You can find them here:
WEBSITE
EMAIL


Please do share with me what you think of the place if you decide to go visit!



And my OJTE Star Rating verdict is......drum roll please!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Happy Valentines Day! To those who have someone special, I hope you are spoiled with love, hugs and kisses (who needs chocolate). And to the single ones. Don't worry, I'm sending lots of love your way! And if that doesn't help then there's nothing that a glass of wine and chocolate can't fix.
--------------------
Disclaimer: All expenses were paid for by us for our weekend to Siyaya. As always, all thoughts and opinions are our own. All of the content and images posted are my own unless otherwise specified / linked to the original source. Please feel free to share photographs and material from this site but please link back to the original image or post. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by our travel blog! This place looks comfortable and affordable! We haven't made it to South Africa yet but hope to soon. This year we may be in Tanzania & Kenya but probably no time to make it to S. Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for dropping by my travel blog Jessica!
      It means a lot to me!
      Oh wow that's on my bucket list! Those are 2 amazing places! You must enjoy it and I cannot wait to read all about it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx