Tuesday 3 September 2013

Weekend Shenanigans - SA Fashion Week Pop Up Shop and Getaway Show!

Hello Journeyers!
I actually wanted to do this post yesterday already, but I am not a Monday person. Well because Mondays mean that the weekend is over and I am back at work! The way I am complaining about work would make you think that I hate mine. But I don't, I just prefer weekends haha.
So our weekend consisted of freezing our butts off thanks to the weather our lovely Cape Town sent us, fashion, travel and eating - lots of the last one!

Friday we had a quiet fondue night at home with our neighbors. With lots of wine! :) And a big fire.

Saturday we went to Brooklyn where South African Fashion Week hosted a SAFWPopUpShop with local designers. And obviously Georgie.B was there and I went to go and show my support! Also just an excuse to see my friend!
There stand was so busy the whole time that I was there that Christine and I hardly had time to talk. But thank goodness she will be back in Oct then we can catch up again!

I took this photo from the Georgie.B Facebook Page.
The Designer - Christine




Then we were off to the Getaway Show that took place at The Dome. WOW that place have seen me 2 weekends in a row. Think that is enough for now. The Getaway Show is a place where all Bush / Adventure / Camp / Outdoor lovers can go and explore and look for some great deals! We scrolled around searching for some good deals. And we found some. Like I found some great plates that I am going to use for my birthday dinner. And we bought the cutest Solar Jars. There were over 50 stalls where people displayed their products, from Camping gear, holiday destinations to kitted out 4x4's! It's safe to say that Cedric was in Heaven!








And as you go outside you found a big area where people could sit and relax in the freezing cold, children had a area where they could run in big balls on water or get shot up into the air by this huge thing. No idea what it's called. They had a wine tasting area, we were contemplating trying that but we were just too cold. You could see that they went out of their way to make this Show one to remember.



Apologies for the poor quality photos, had to take them with the flash turned off. But thank you so much to South African Fashion Week and Getaway for keeping us entertained this past weekend. We had a great time.
The rest of our weekend was spent under blankets in front of the fire place with a glass of wine...perfection? I would say yes!
So what did you do??? 
Have a blessed Tuesday lovelies!
--------------------
Disclaimer: All of the content and images posted are my own unless otherwise specified / linked to the original source. Please feel free to share photographs and material from this site but please link back to the original image or post. As always all comments and opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. Hi sweety, thanks for sharing your fashion verdict with me on my last post :) This post is really making miss Pretoria, the SAFW pop up shop looks terrific! I didn't even know a Getaway show was on! Sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Sam!
      Yes the SAFW pop up shop was great and the Getaway show was fun.
      If only I was a millionaire! hehe
      xxx

      Delete
  2. IT was definitely too cold for wine tasting!
    Take Cedric to the outdoor adventure show next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again! But I'm glad that the weather is starting to get a bit warmer! :) Summer must come now!
      Oooh what and where is that usually?
      Will keep a look out!
      Thanks!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. So awesome that you guys went to the getaway show! I wanted to but we were away this weekend :/ ... hopefully next year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so interesting but just too cold!
      Hope you had a great weekend away!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi dear thank u for visiting my blog let me know if u would like to follow each other xxx stay in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Ania!
      I've actually been following you for months now. :)
      Thanks for dropping by!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Two awesome events :))
    www.simplysiyaam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have loved the SA Fashion Week one!
      xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for sharing your love!
My smile is growing with each comment!
xxx